What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of text that is stored on your browser (such as Google Chrome or Apple Safari) when you browse on most websites.
What is NOT a cookie?
A cookie is not a virus, a Trojan, or a worm. It is not spam or spyware, and does not open pop-up windows.
What information do cookies collect?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your ID number or personal information, etc. The information it does store is technical, personal preferences, contents customisation, etc.
The website server does not connect to you as a person, rather your website browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse on the same website with Firefox or Chrome, you will see that the website does not know that you are the same person because in reality it is linked to the browser, not to the individual.
What kinds of cookies exist?
- Technical cookies: these are more elementary and allow, among other things, the device to know when it is a human or machine browsing, when an anonymous or registered user is browsing, as well as basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic website.
- Analysis cookies: these collect information about the type of browsing that is taking place, the most used sections, products looked at, usage time band, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: they show advertising based on your browsing habits, country, language, etc.
What are own and third-party cookies?
Own cookies are those generated by the website you are visiting, and third party cookies are those generated by external services or suppliers, such as Facebook, Twitter, Mailchimp, Mailrelay, Google Adsense, etc.
The cookies we set
This website uses its own and third-party cookies for several purposes which are detailed below:
- Session cookies: these cookies allow you to enter and exit your Smowltech account.
- Preferences: there cookies allow us to remember your settings and preferences, such as the preferred language and your privacy settings.
This website uses Google Analytics, a third-party web analysis service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets its own cookies in order to compile statistical information about the performance of our website and about how our users, in general, navigate through it. This information helps us to improve the usability of our website and in no case is associated with data that could identify the user. If you need more information about the type of cookies used by Google and how you can manage them, please visit Google’s cookies page.
How to delete cookies?
Besides, if you wish to have greater control over the installation of cookies, you can install programs or add-ons, known as the “Do Not Track” tools, which will enable you to choose the cookies you allow.
More information about cookies