Know the technical requirements to be monitored by SMOWL.
WHERE SMOWL WORKS
|External Camera Monitoring||NA*||NA*||NA*||NA*||✅||✅|
*Not applicable, external camera monitoring must be done with a mobile device or tablet.
SMOWL CM is compatible with Linux environments: Ubuntu 18, Ubuntu 20 and Debian 11
SMOWL works in the main browsers on the market, for the best user experience while monitoring an online activity we recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
SMOWL CM does not work with Safari since SMOWL CM 4.0.0, we encourage all users to keep using we recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
|SMOWL solution||SMOWL SMOWL+ SMOWL360||SMOWL SMOWL+ SMOWL360||SMOWL SMOWL360||SMOWL SMOWL360||SMOWL SMOWL360||SMOWL SMOWL360|
|Operative system||Windows 7+||MacOS 10.10+||–||–||–||–|
|Processor||Intel premium 4+||Intel premium 4+||Intel premium 4+||–||–||–|
|Hard disc space||250MB||250MB||–||–||–||–|
|Upload speed||0.077Mbps – 0.165Mbps||0.077Mbps – 0.165Mbps||0.077Mbps – 0.165Mbps||0.077Mbps – 0.165Mbps||0.077Mbps – 0.165Mbps||0.077Mbps – 0.165Mbps|
|Camera||640×480 px||640×480 px||640×480 px||640×480 px||640×480 px||640×480 px|
|Microphone||Any type of microphone, internal or external||Any type of microphone, internal or external||Any type of microphone, internal or external||Any type of microphone, internal or external||Any type of microphone, internal or external||Any type of microphone, internal or external|
*Those devices with iOS or Android operating system are supported as SMOWL360 external camera monitoring tool.
Learn about the technical requirements to be monitored by SMOWL.
USER FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
The different functional requirements to be fulfilled by the user in order to be monitored by Smowltech are listed below.
- The user registers using the SMOWL registration application where 1 image of their face, and optionally an ID picture, will be captured.
- The user must guarantee that he meets the appropriate conditions for a correct registration.
- The user must accept the Terms and Conditions of the registration in order to be monitored during the activity.
SMOWL CM and/or SMOWL LOCK installation (optional)
- If requested by the entity, the user must install the SMOWLCM desktop monitoring tool or the SMOWL browser extension.
- The installation must be done before the start of the first activity and it will allow to monitor the user’s activity on the computer during the activity.
- The user must accept the Terms and Conditions of the download and installation of SMOWLCM or SMOWL LOCK in order to be monitored during the activity.
Access and development of the activity
The user must
- Allow access to the webcam during the entire activity.
- If requested by the entity, allow the SMOWLCM desktop monitoring tool and/or the SMOWL browser extension to run.
- If the entity requests it, allow the monitoring with an external camera during the entire activity.If the entity requests it, allow access to the microphone during the entire activity.
- Ensure that he/she meets the appropriate monitoring conditions throughout the activity.
Adequate monitoring conditions
- The user should position the camera in front of him facing the camera.
- The user should avoid placing the camera to the side.
- The user shall ensure that the user’s face is properly illuminated.The user must avoid windows or spotlights behind the user’s head that may obscure the user’s face.
- The user may not wear accessories that may completely or partially obscure the user’s face.
External camera or secondary camera
- The user must position the camera to the side (right or left) of the working area. The image should capture:
- The side of your face
- Your working area: entire computer and table surface (right, left and background around the computer).
- The user should position the camera at a certain height from the table, with some downward tilt, and at a sufficient distance from the table to capture the whole required area.