Agile methodology focuses on project management and was born to respond to today’s markets full of changing environments and pressures that demand fast and quality results. To meet these challenges, teams must continuously train, stay up-to-date and strengthen their organization and competitiveness.
Today’s teams must intensify their collaborative spirit and commitment to training programs while understanding the need to update themselves constantly.
With these reasons in mind, we are tackling this article on the Agile methodology to explain what it is and how to set it up in your online training.
What is Agile methodology?
Agile methodology is a fast and short development cycle project management methodology that offers a fast, competitive, and valuable result.
This teamwork technique can be applied in all areas of project development with excellent results in training processes focused on the rapid but effective assimilation of knowledge.
The 4 main values on which it is based are the following:
- Put individuals and their interactions over processes and tools.
- Develop educational programs that work rather than getting good documentation.
- To nurture collaborative communication with the student or client beyond what is stipulated in the contract.
- Have the agility to respond to changes and readjustments that must be made throughout the project rather than following a tight schedule that may be far from the client’s expectations.
The Agile method requires using methodologies and techniques that build work systems that allow the application of these values of the Agile Manifesto.
Agile Methodology principles
The Agile methodology incorporated 12 principles.
- Customer satisfaction through early and continuous delivery of products and services.
- Keep constant communication with the client on the project’s status and be open to changes or new requirements.
- Simplify processes by dissecting the most complex tasks into simple tasks that speed up the pace of work.
- Having a team with soft skills such as flexibility and adaptability to deal efficiently with changing circumstances even at the end of the project. Openness to change is a sign of innovation and competitiveness.
- Set up teams that can work autonomously and manage themselves as much as possible to reduce wasted time.
- To instill in team members the necessary confidence to feel valued and give their best, generating more significant value to the result.
- Opt for direct communication with team members.
- Implement resources to measure team performance.
- Keep a pace of work that can be sustainable in the long term.
- Always look for technical excellence and good design of products or services, as they improve agility.
- Continuously analyze projects so teams keep sight of objectives.
- Use agile methodologies such as the Scrum method, a teamwork system that increases the competitiveness of teams, identifies shortcomings to solve them, and ensures constant adaptation to the needs of the client or, in the case of training, of the student.
Agile education: how to implement it online?
Based on the 4 values and the 12 principles of the Agile methodology discussed throughout this post, you can set up an online Agile education training -known as Agile Learning- in your company by following the recommendations we share in the following paragraphs.
Establish your business needs
Knowing your company’s training needs is the first step for you to benefit from the beneficial results of implementing an agile methodology.
This does not mean that you should discard everything that works in your organization; it is about making a gradual change towards Agile systems but integrating the previously existing successful processes.
So, set achievable and realistic objectives that are motivating and create flexible roadmaps with short-term goals that keep teams motivated.
Train your leaders:
Your team leaders must keep an open mind to new training and know how to convey to their employees the importance of constantly training and updating.
For this purpose, personalized career plans will help your teams to be predisposed to apply new working methods.
Integrate agile training methodologies
The Agile philosophy uses alternative agile methodologies such as:
- Kanban: a workflow management system by mapping the phases of a project.
- Scrum: encourages fluid teamwork and can be applied to all projects.
- Sprint: a 5-step technique to focus on mini-phases of a project that can be combined with other methods.
Conduct regular meetings on training processes
Hold meetings with your teams to discuss the importance of incorporating new training methodologies to promote innovative strategies and nurture together a competitive and updated company that meets the challenges of today’s changing and demanding markets.
Stimulate learning through wage
Reflect your employees’ dedication to learning in their salaries, something that will stimulate them to continue learning and to transfer what they have learned to the company’s processes.
Encouraging learning through incentives always offers positive results and reinforces the students’ commitment.
Ally yourself with technology
Technology facilitates the implementation of the Agile methodology in education through efficient and flexible project management tools that encourage collaborative work among trainers and trainees.
In the same way, proctoring, an online monitoring system, will become your ally in your company’s training processes and online training.
Discover our proctoring products and choose the one that best meets your needs.
Don’t hesitate to request a free demo so we can share tips and tools to help you improve the monitoring and quality of your training programs.
Discover everything you need about online proctoring in this book to know how to choose the best software.
Fill out the form and download the guide now.
And subscribe to the weekly SMOWL newsletter to get exclusive offers and promotions.
You will discover all the trends in eLearning, technology, innovation, and proctoring at the hands of evaluation and talent management experts.