Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) help to improve the management of the recruitment process comprehensively thanks to a series of tools that participate in the professionalization of your Human Resources (HR) department and enhance the candidate experience, avoiding the severe consequences of poor recruitment management.
But what does ATS stand for?
Understanding the importance of attracting the best talent for your project and the challenges posed by the increasing digitization of the markets involves getting to know these computer programs that use Artificial Intelligence (AI), as well as the benefits you can obtain from this type of software.
What is Applicant Tracking System (ATS)?
Applicant Tracking Systems or ATS, is a computer program for the integral management of the candidate selection process that organizes and prioritizes the profiles received, establishing from the beginning a series of parameters and keywords that make up the characteristics that the ideal candidate for the company should have.
This type of program can centralize the documentation and communication linked to the entire personnel selection process. For this reason, it is also known as an applicant tracking program.
Thanks to its modus operandi, similar to that of Internet search engines, companies that receive many resumes (CVs) do not need to read them all but focus only on those selected by the ATS, achieving better management of Human Resources (HR) in the selection processes. But not only that, but an ATS is also in charge of the following:
- Forming a database with the CVs received.
- Create and distribute your ads on social networks, recruitment platforms, corporate websites, etc.
- Provide performance statistics on talent recruitment channels.
- Facilitate collaborative work between managers, teams, and the HR department.
- Automate communication with your candidates through workflows with automated emails.
- Provide a continuous communication channel between the candidate and the company.
- Offer an environment to conduct online recruitment interviews.
- Centralize the documentation related to the selection process in one place, not only CVs but also cover letters or any other type of complementary documentation.
ATS are multipurpose systems since they also offer essential benefits in other processes linked to talent retention and team specialization, such as evaluations, training, or coaching.
This frees up management time for processes that can be automated and digitized so that your teams can focus on strategies and increase their satisfaction and productivity.
Examples of Applicant Tracking Systems
When we talk about ATS, we can see that some software companies are involved in their development, such as Jobvite, iCIMS, JazzHR, Lever, and Workable.
These are all popular ATS systems that are used by many businesses and organizations to manage their hiring process.
These systems typically offer a range of features and tools that can help employers organize and track job applications, schedule interviews, and communicate with candidates. Some ATS systems may also include features like resume parsing and candidate tracking, which can help employers quickly and easily find the best candidates for their open positions.
Benefits of Applicant Tracking Systems
Using an ATS program in a company translates into growth, cost savings, and development opportunities thanks to better time management.
In short, it allows you to be more competitive in recruiting and developing talent for your organization from the very first moment.
Benefits of Applicant Tracking System for HR
Among the many benefits of ATS for HR departments are the following:
- They help improve the selection process management thanks to automation.
- They detect new needs in the different development areas of your company, thanks to all the analysis tools that will feed your HR department’s recruitment KPIs or indicators.
- Participate in the cost savings of future candidate search processes.
- They increase the quality of recruitment by eliminating subjective criteria in recruitment processes.
- They also offer a level playing field for all candidates.
Benefits for candidates
In turn, candidates benefit from this type of program because:
- They receive direct, updated, and personalized communication of their candidacy status, reinforcing the company’s closeness and humanization.
- These programs respect the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), offering the security your candidates deserve and increasing their trust in the organization.
- They improve the candidate’s experience and place them at the center of communication as if they were a customer, reinforcing your employer brand.
Benefits for employer branding
Professionalizing your employer branding strategy through an Applicant Tracking System online is an effective way to attract the profiles that best suit your needs.
A company that has human talent becomes more competitive and increases its value.
In remote selection processes, one of the aspects to be considered is security to avoid identity theft and the forms of supervision in the selection tests to ensure that they are carried out according to pre-established rules and in the best conditions. This is where Smowltech’s proctoring products can help you.
Ask for a free demo so we can share with you innovative solutions that can be combined with different software such as ATS or Learning Management Systems (LMS).
Discover everything you need about online proctoring in this book to know how to choose the best software.
Fill out the form and download the guide now.
And subscribe to the weekly SMOWL newsletter to get exclusive offers and promotions.
You will discover all the trends in eLearning, technology, innovation, and proctoring at the hands of evaluation and talent management experts.